Monday, October 19, 2009

Subject Matter

What to write, what to write. This is the question that tries men's souls. Or not. OK, it vexes mine. (Hey, how often do you get to use the word 'vex' in day to day conversations?!) I have generally felt that I need to post more weighty sorts of things to this space. Usually longer and often politically charged treatises of a serious nature. The problem with that is that I need some significant issue to write about and it takes a while to put it together in a way that seems well thought out. Though I realize that family members might disagree on the "thought out" point, at least on the political issues.

That brings up the other issue. With the political ones, I risk being disowned by my family for my, apparently, wildly naive and liberal ideas. Never quite understood the 'naive' bit, but everyone has an opinion. And I know that when they say 'liberal', they mean idiotic rather than the Oxford English definition, but again, it's an opinion.  The point being, I probably shouldn't do too many politically themed pieces in a row, so as not to rile people up too much.

But I don't want to just tell you about my day either. I think that would be rather boring, not to mention narcissistic. Not that I'm adverse to a little self aggrandizement, but that probably shouldn't be my main subject matter. And there is the very serious danger of making myself look stupid rather than good. And who wants that? Well, I don't, anyway.

So please bear with me. I'll try not to bore, but at the same time try to avoid political overdose. And as always, please feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! So you have writer's block? What about the guy who got arrested in his kitchen? Surely THATS worth a good rant!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, even if it's to disagree.